Schibsted looking for director of stuff sites in Spain
17 Feb 2017
Schibsted Spain posted an ad on its recruitment vertical InfoJobs.net on Febr. 17, seeking a “director of general classifieds in Spain”. The successful candidate will have at least five years’ experience and a degree.
The general classified sites are the last of Schibsted’s Spanish acquisitions to get new leadership. The eventual appointee to this post will join Lars Vangen Jordet, general manager of autos (which includes top auto vertical Coches.com), Dominique Cerri, general manager of InfoJobs.net, and Pedro Thormodsen, general manager of real estate sites Fotocasa.es and Inmofactory.com. All of these managers were appointed to their positions after Schibsted had taken over the verticals.
As head of long-time market leader Milanuncios.com, the new director of general sites will be in a key position to promote Schibsted Spain’s policy of working to broaden the overall classified market. He or she will also have key responsibility for leveraging Vibbo.com’s youthful, mobile-led positioning to challenge Wallapop in the marketplace app space.
The job ad was posted in English, and includes the following details:
As director of the general classifieds vertical you will have, among your responsibilities:
– Definition of the company strategy on its two largest portals in Spain, Vibbo and Milanuncios
– Supporting the managers of each of the sites on coordination and prioritization
– Coordinating marketing activities with the brand and performance marketing managers
– Shaping the daily relationship with internal and external stakeholders
– Defining and developing budget and forecasts, both in qualitative and revenue metrics, with responsibility over the P&L
As a member of the management team, you will be a key contributor to the company’s strategy definition.
The ad gives a brief summary of each of the site’s current market position and orientation:
- Milanuncios is the leading classified site in Spain with over three million visits per day and around 100,000 ads published, with strong traffic and content in the real and motor areas of the site, oriented to a wide spectrum of users that look for a simple and easy to understand experience. With a small team of around 20 people, main challenges are developing a solid platform adapted to the new user behaviors observed in the Spanish market without losing the soul that has made the site one of the most successful portals in the country.
- Vibbo is the refreshed product and image of the good old SegundaMano, which after over 30 years of history required a revamp without loosing the spirit of the most senior player in the Spanish marketplaces ecosystem, but strengthening its position in the emerging apps environment. It is an advanced marketplace where apps represent over 40 percent of its total traffic volumes, oriented to most sophisticated users looking for an advanced experience and that will soon provide an end-to-end experience throughout the transaction. Furthermore, vibbo has recently joined the Schibsted global initiative for the next generation of marketplaces, that is currently developing a breakthrough product initiative to unveil new market segments and opportunities.
Miscellaneous sites are the traffic and leads engines of the company, representing over 50 percent of the total traffic volume in the market, and contributing through the provided leads and visibility to the overall revenue generation of the entire organization.
Coordination with sales and the RE and motor verticals are key to the overall success of the organization.